Volvo is getting ready to release its VNR in California in 2020.
The short version:
- Volvo Trucks will introduce all-electric truck demonstrators in California this year and will put them into commercial production in North America in 2020.
- Volvo’s first 113-inch BBC electric VNR models – chosen for their tight turning radius and driver comfort features – will soon be headed to the Port of Los Angeles, put into test operations with NFI and Dependable Highway Express.
- “As energy storage systems improve over time, then we will move segment-by-segment until we eventually make it out into the long haul segment.” – Chad Burchett of Volvo
- It takes about an hour to charge a fully depleted truck.
- These first VNR models will have a GVW of 66,000 pounds.
I love Chad Burchett’s vision here. We don’t need to climb the entire mountain in one giant step. Let’s just put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward.