Things heat up in 2020 for the Hyundai Kona EV.
The short version:
- The Hyundai Kona has been very well received in the EV world.
- The 2020 version will receive a battery warmer in the Limited and Ultimate models.
- This will allow for faster charging and retaining more range in colder regions.
- The Kona EV has a range of 258 miles and a starting price of $30,000 after the federal credit.
- Hyundai still has limited the release of the Kona to a handful of states in the US.
I’m always surprised that Hyundai doesn’t get more press for their electric vehicles. The range is great, the price is great, the reviews are great. It seems like they could really start carving out a stable piece of the market. I’m also surprised that they do limited releases. Anybody who wants one has to drive half-way across the nation.
Anybody out there own a Kona EV? What do you think? Would you buy a second one?