Tata Motors is hoping electricity can bring them back to life.
The short version:
- Tata Motors is releasing a new electric vehicle in 2020.
- Due to a new powertrain technology, and a recent cut in taxes on electric cars, the company feels they can bring an affordable EV to market.
- Tata feels now less energy needs to be spent proving the case for EVs. Now it’s about making them mainstream.
- The model will have a range of 150 miles and carry an eight-year warranty on the battery.
- Further details will be coming soon.
Tata Motors has been struggling for quite some time now. I hope this can help bring them back to a more stable financial standing. To do so they are going to need an announcement with a little more than one stat about range. Perhaps they bought themselves a little time to come up with something good.
What do you think? Will Tata Motors survive?