Evoke Motorcycles begins production on their updated Urban electric motorcycle.
The short version:
- Evoke Motorcycles has announced updates to the 2020 model of their Urban electric motorcycle.
- Updates include a new sine wave controller.
- This will create more smoothness in power output.
- In addition to that, the new controller can handle 800 phase amps, twice what the previous controller could handle.
- The user interface has been tweaked with, swapping out touch screen controls for handlebar controls.
- The bike has a top speed of 80 mph, and a range of 125 miles.
Perhaps this bike hasn’t taken off in the States yet, because I couldn’t find a lot of information on how to purchase one, let alone reviews. That being said, it’s really hard to know if I should be excited. An electric motorcycle under $10,000 could be great unless the build quality is horrible. I’ll just put this in the, “Let’s keep an eye on it.” folder.