Damon releases specs an electric motorcycle Michael Bay would be proud of.
The short version:
- At CES Damon Motorcycles unveiled their Hypersport HS.
- The electric motorcycle claims a range of over 200 miles per charge and a 0-60 speed of under 3 seconds.
- The motorcycle also comes with CoPilot, Damon’s “patented 360º Advanced Warning System”. CoPilot uses haptic feedback on the handlebars, and LEDs on the windshield to warn the rider of surrounding danger.
- Finally, and what Damon has been touting so much, is Shift. The Hypersport HS can change the position of the windshield, handlebars, seat, and footrests, while in motion, to – shift – between commuter mode and sport mode.
- Riders can reserve a $24,995 Hypersport HS right now for a $100 deposit. Deliveries are expected to start in 2021.
So much to unpack here. Let’s start with the specs. 200 miles is a great range for a motorcycle. The Zero SR/F will do 200 miles, but you have to upgrade to the Power Tank. In Zero’s defense, we don’t know if you have to upgrade the Damon to get the promised 200 miles.
As far as the other advanced features, I’m excited to experience Shift, I’m not as excited about CoPilot. Shift seems like it could really enhance the riding experience. Being able to change position on the fly might be a game-change on long drives to ease muscle tension. CoPilot seems neat, but not as much of a big deal.
Then there’s the price. $25k is a lot of money for a bike. Going back to the Zero SR/F (which the Hypersport HS will constantly be compared to) starts $5,500 less. That’s 78% of the cost. Damon will say their bike is more advanced and worth the price. We’ll see.
Finally, Damon clearly wants this to be the electric motorcycle of the future. It doesn’t go unnoticed that on their order page the bike is coming out of the back of a Tesla Cybertruck. Nice.
What do you think? Are CoPilot and Shift worth the extra money? Can Damon even deliver the bikes as promised? Let me know in the comments below.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!