Chevy is starting to talk about the real problem behind their low electric vehicle sales.
The short version:
- Chevy says it has cracked the code on the electric vehicle price vs range problem.
- A big part of the problem is educating dealers about the vehicle.
- Chevy officials say EV sales will take off only if there is a commitment at the dealer level.
- Less than 33% of Chevy dealerships have completed training for selling EVs.
- Mike Hayes, Marketing Manager for the Bolt says EV owners tend to have passion for their vehicles similar to Corvette and Camaro owners. They probably know more about the vehicles than 98 percent of GM employees.
This article focuses on one of the largest problems I see in EV adoption; dealers! That is one reason why Tesla has been so successful. They don’t have to get dealers and salespeople to jump on board. Some are simply uneducated, but you hear story after story after story about salespeople actively trying to not sell an EV. The first major brand to solve that problem will pull way ahead of the others.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!