“Check out the sweet tow hitch on my Model Y” or something like that.
The short version:
- Tesla has added a tow package option when ordering a Model Y.
- The change comes just shy of 1 month after Tesla starting making deliveries of the Model Y.
- According to the Tesla website, the Model Y can tow 3,500 pounds.
- This will be a class II hitch.
- The option will set you back $1,000.
So here’s the deal…upon initial read I was a little disappointed. I was hoping for a 5,000-pound rating, but I had to remind myself what the Model Y is. It’s a crossover, not a small SUV. And when you compare it to other cross overs, a 3,500-pound towing capacity is fantastic. The Mazda CX-5 is rated at 2,000. The Ford Escape is rated between 1,500 to 3,500. The Nissan Rogue is rated at a whopping 1,102. (That extra 2 pounds is for the linchpin 😉 ) Sure, you won’t be towing any horse trailers, but when you put it within its class of ICE vehicles, surprise surprise, the Tesla Model Y is leading the pack.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!