Can They Do It?
The short version:
- Lyft is aiming to get all of their vehicles electric by 2030
- This includes ALL cars used in Lyft
- In 2018, they made all rides carbon-neutral through its carbon offsets program
- Recently they announced that they are getting rid of this program so that they can focus on going all-electric
- Lyft says that electric batteries have gone down 90% from 2010, and now is the time to make “Cleaner, healthier, and more equitable communities.”
- “Success breeds success, and if we do this right, it creates a path for others. If other ride-share and delivery companies, automakers, and rental car companies make this shift, it can be the catalyst for transforming transportation as a whole.” Says Fred Krupp, president of the EDF
So here’s the deal……..Lyft wants to go all-electric by 2030. They say that batteries have gone down 90% from 2010. They want to pave the path for other ride-share companies. They want to rise from this pandemic better than before.
This is exciting because they want to go all electric, not just more electric. No more carbon emissions from Lyft anymore! (Hopefully;))