An electric motorcycle brainstorm.
The short version:
- Electric motorcycles are great, but they do have some drawbacks including range and recharge time.
- Simon Hancocks of Visordown brainstorms on a few ideas to solve these problems.
- Exchangeable batteries provide an almost unlimited range with very short “recharge” times.
- Road-based inductive charging is also an option considered.
- Hydrogen fuel cells and hybrid motorcycles wrap up the article.
Clearly Simon was following the theory that for a brainstorm, no idea is a bad idea. I’m not sure that a hydrogen fuel cell motorcycle would be considered a solution to decreasing recharging times for electric motorcycles. Here’s the thing. Recharge times are dropping, and power density is increasing. My guess is that in a few years we will all look back at these recharge times and wonder how we ever survived the hard years.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!