An electric motorcycle brainstorm.
The short version:
- Electric motorcycles are great, but they do have some drawbacks including range and recharge time.
- Simon Hancocks of Visordown brainstorms on a few ideas to solve these problems.
- Exchangeable batteries provide an almost unlimited range with very short “recharge” times.
- Road-based inductive charging is also an option considered.
- Hydrogen fuel cells and hybrid motorcycles wrap up the article.
Clearly Simon was following the theory that for a brainstorm, no idea is a bad idea. I’m not sure that a hydrogen fuel cell motorcycle would be considered a solution to decreasing recharging times for electric motorcycles. Here’s the thing. Recharge times are dropping, and power density is increasing. My guess is that in a few years we will all look back at these recharge times and wonder how we ever survived the hard years.