The short version:
- Dr. Zhengrong Shi of SunMan Energy has designed flexible, glass-free solar panels.
- The design, called eArche, allows solar panel installations that previously wouldn’t have been possible.
- Often times warehouses, factories, and other buildings that would be so perfect for solar installations can’t support the weight of the heavy panels.
- eArche panels are 70% lighter than traditional panels but have the same output.
- Because the panels are flexible, they can also be installed on curved surfaces.
Reducing the weight of solar panels is an extremely important step in market penetration. The article didn’t mention durability, so we will have to wait a few years to see how that pans out. Hopefully, Dr. Shi’s development will hold up.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!