Snowbike brings and electric scooter to the frozen tundra.
The short version:
- Max Gnedov from Russia, founder of Snowbike, has developed an electric scooter for the snow.
- “Sniejik” for fun and different outdoor working conditions.
- There are 3 different models: Light, Basic, and Pro.
- The battery can be inserted and removed within 30 seconds for easy charging.
- The scooter is built for one person can be used on many surfaces including snow, sand, gravel or swamp.
- Range starts at 12.5 miles and can be increased depending on the model purchased.
- Price on the site ranges from $3,000 to $5,000
- They hope to begin a crowdfunding campaign to start production in the near future.
This thing looks like a blast. A little expensive compared to what you get with a snowmobile, but new tech always is. Also, don’t let that 12.5 miles scare you off. When you’re out in the snow just to play, that’s a lot of seat time. Based on the website’s videos this isn’t a high adrenaline machine yet. Think Segway. Perhaps more funding will lead to more development and faster speeds.
What do you think? Looks fun or not ready for prime-time yet?
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!