Recharge in less time then it takes to read this article.
The short version:
- Echion Technologies claims they have a battery breakthrough that can charge an electric car in six minutes.
- The company was founded by Dr. Jean De La Verpilliere while he was studying for his PhD in nanoscience at the University of Cambridge.
- They are hoping to bring the new tech to market as soon as next year.
- The breakthrough is in a powder that replaces graphite inside Li-ion battery cells.
- The tech would be good not just for electric vehicles, but anything that uses Li-ion batteries.
- Echion says they have a prototype that has been validated, and that they have secured investments from two different firms.
We are so hungry for advancements in batteries that often companies send out a press release about a half-baked product. It has required most consumers to develop an “I’ll believe it when I see it.” attitude. I hope Echion is on to something, but I’m not holding my breath.