IEA says the next 5 years for solar look good, but we still need to do better.
The short version:
- The International Energy Agency has mapped out the next five years in renewable energy in an annual report on Monday.
- It is expected that electricity generation will see an increase of 1,200 Gigawatts, a 50% jump from current levels.
- Solar power will account for 60% of the growth, taking advantage of the rapidly falling costs for solar panels.
- This means renewable energy will account for 30% of global power generation by 2024.
- However, the director of the agency, Fatih Birol, still feels we are extremely behind on where we need to be when it comes to reducing global C02 emissions.
As cost continues to fall, people will want to install solar panels in every square foot they can. Doing so will make financial sense, environmental sense, and just be more convenient. Having power that is close to free means charging stations in more places until it becomes like wifi. You just expect it where ever you go.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!