- GE is partnering with BlackRock and launching a new company called Distributed Solar Development.
- In the past, GE has kepts its distributed solar and storage business on the DL.
- This partnership will change that, and increase the growth of the business.
- The current focus will be on carport and canopy solutions.
- Solar still represents a “tiny fraction” of GE’s renewable business.
Somebody recently reminded me that our energy problems can’t be solved via a single source. It will take a combination of wind, hydro, solar, and perhaps others. I agree with that, but am eager to see solar take a more prominate role. There are so many usable serfaces with such little impact.