Carbon-Free M.V. by 2040
The short version:
- The Martha’s Vineyard Commission’s Climate Action Task force is coming up with a way to go carbon-free by 2040
- They are focusing on taking greenhouse gasses away from fossil fuels, 50% by 2030 and 100% by 2040
- “There greenhouse footprint is practically comparable to the U.S. as a whole,” says the working paper
- Reducing electricity and heat in second homes, building micro grids for neighborhoods and essential companies, not driving so many miles, and other actions will help them achieve this
- They are hoping that the legislature will allow this and then they can start phase two
So here’s the deal…… The Martha’s Vineyard Commission’s Climate Action Task force wants to go carbon-free by 2040. This is exciting because they are lowering their greenhouse gas footprint a lot to help with “social justice for the future generation.”
I can’t wait to see how they do this and have all electric vehicles and other things like that to help combat climate change and also the greenhouse footprint.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!