The short version
- Tesla is relaunching its solar power efforts.
- The offering now offers the option to rent solar panels.
- Residents in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New Mexico are eligible for the program.
- There is no contract for the service.
- It will still be less expensive to buy solar panels.
There are other businesses that offer similar arrangements (perhaps none without a contract) so I don’t see this as industry-changing news. However, it’s good to see another company offering a solution for those who are hesitant to jump in the solar panel world with both feet, or just can’t afford the initial outlay of money.